News / January 30, 2024

2023 Tax Information is Now Available

Dear Shareholders,

Because tax time can sometimes be confusing, we wanted to share a summary of the materials you should expect to receive in order to make your 2023 tax reporting related to Wasatch Funds as easy as possible.

Regular Dividends & Capital Gains

If you were a shareholder of one or more of the below Wasatch Funds in a non-retirement account during 2023 and you received a distribution amount greater than $10, you can expect to receive a 1099-DIV form in the mail and/or posted to your online account on or before February 15, 2024:

  • Wasatch Emerging India Fund – Investor Class (WAINX)
  • Wasatch Emerging India Fund – Institutional Class (WIINX)
  • Wasatch Global Value Fund – Investor Class (FMIEX)
  • Wasatch Global Value Fund – Institutional Class (WILCX)
  • Wasatch Greater China Fund – Investor Class (WAGCX)
  • Wasatch Greater China Fund – Institutional Class (WGGCX)
  • Wasatch Small Cap Value Fund – Investor Class (WMCVX)
  • Wasatch Small Cap Value Fund – Institutional Class (WICVX)
  • Wasatch-Hoisington U.S. Treasury Fund – (WHOSX)

Note: If you owned any other Wasatch fund during 2023, you will not receive a Form 1099-DIV because the remaining Wasatch funds did not have a distribution in 2023.

Tax Gains/Losses

If you sold or exchanged shares of any Wasatch fund during 2023, you can download a PDF of the 1099-B and Cost Basis statement for your account through your online account access; they will be available on the site no later than February 15, 2024. The paper copies of the 1099-B and Cost Basis statement may not arrive at your address by U.S. Mail until a few days after February 15th.

Tax Exempt Dividends

If you owned one or more of the below funds during 2023, you should be aware that interest on some securities held in these funds may be exempt from state and local taxation:

  • Wasatch-Hoisington U.S. Treasury Fund (WHOSX)
  • Federated Prime Cash Obligations Fund (PTAXX)

Please visit for a breakdown of the percentage of total ordinary dividends you received that were attributable to interest on these U.S. government and government agency securities.  This information will not be sent via mail or posted to your online account.

Foreign Tax Paid

As a shareholder you may be entitled to either a foreign tax credit or an itemized deduction on your 2023 federal income tax return for a portion of the foreign tax paid by the Fund. In order to be eligible to claim foreign taxes paid as a credit, you must have owned your Fund shares for more than 15 days before or after the Fund’s ex-dividend dates of any distributions in the year 2023. The amount in Box 7 (Foreign tax paid) on your Form 1099-DIV represents your share of the foreign taxes paid by the Fund.

Please consult your tax adviser for information on how this foreign tax paid amount should be reported on your federal income tax return. It may be more advantageous for you to report the amount as a foreign tax credit on Form 1116, Foreign Tax Credit, rather than as an itemized deduction on Schedule A of your Form 1040. If the total of your foreign taxes paid from all sources is not more than $300 ($600 if married and filing a joint return), and you meet certain other requirements, you may be allowed to enter the amount of your foreign tax paid directly on Form 1040, Schedule 3, Part 1, Line 1, as a foreign tax credit.

If you choose to claim the foreign tax credit and you are required to file Form 1116, you no longer need to report income passed through from your mutual fund on a country-by-country basis. Please consult the instructions for Form 1116 on how to report mutual fund income and foreign taxes paid.

If after reading through these materials, you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact Shareholder Service at (800) 551-1700 Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. CT, and a representative will be happy to assist you.

This tax notice is provided as information only and should not be construed as tax advice.  For any other tax related questions, please visit the IRS website at or contact your tax advisor.